Friday, June 2, 2006

Speaking of Audiobooks

I can't believe there was cursing in Ancient Greece! They were such noble people. Do you ever find it difficult to listen to audiobooks? The only one I've ever listened to straight through was Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. It was excellent. Mostly, though, I can't concentrate on them. And if I do listen, I start to long to have the printed words in front of me. There is something about reading the words myself that makes the book more real for me -- makes it a part of me.
I've just started reading a book called Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's non-fiction about a woman who's life is a constant drama, full of divorce and heartache, so she decides to live 4 months each in Italy, Indonesia and India. So far, it is funny and moving. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment