Saturday, June 24, 2006

Disappointment

Today I got several holds in that I have been waiting months for. I was so excited! I checked them out and got them home and eagerly read the first few pages of each one. Disappointment set in. I can immediatley tell whether I am going to like a book or not. Or if I am in the mood for it. The three books I got today were all take-backs. They were: The Debutante Divorcee by Plum Sykes, Theft by Peter Carey and The Sultan's Seal by Jenny White. For various reasons, I just knew that I could not read any of them. I am a VERY picky reader and I never force myself to read something that I hate or even dislike. So, these will go back and I will await the next round of holds.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! I am much the same way and it's always frusrating when you are wanting to read a good book and have nothing but crap.

    ReplyDelete