Thursday, June 1, 2006

Reading Plan

Niesa here - reading plan? Hmmm, I'll have to think on that one. I'm generally too scatter brained to stick to any one thing. I swing back and forth between fiction and non-fiction and whatever strikes my fancy at the moment but I like the idea of a plan. With my recent trip home and 11 hours in a car, I rented "Gates of Fire" on audiocassette from the library. It is fiction based on the Persian invasion of Greece, the battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C.. It was fascinating but full of foul language. Who knew they used the f-word so much in ancient Greece? :) So I only listened to a couple of tapes and ended up turning it off. I would like to find the non-fiction account of that battle though. Maybe my reading plan will be ancient Greece. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment