Saturday, January 16, 2010

When I Was 19 - January

A few weeks ago, my dad reminded me that I had some boxes in my parents' storage closet that had been left there when I moved to Austin - almost 10 years ago! I brought two of the boxes home with me and, while rummaging through, found a reading log I kept from the age of 19 through 22. Some of the books I remember quite well and some I have absolutely no recollection of ever reading. I thought it might be amusing to list those books here on our blog. So, here is what I read in the month of January from 1993-1996.

January 4, 1993 - Italian Days by Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
January 12, 1993 The Radiant Way by Margaret Drabble
January 3, 1994 - In the Shadow of the Crown by Jean Plaidy
January 5, 1994 - Coming Home Crazy: An Alphabet of China by Bill Holm
January 19, 1994 - The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World ed. by Peter Clayton
January 6, 1995 - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen ( my only reading of this novel - maybe it's time to read it again?)
January 20, 1995 - The Firm by John Grisham
January 21, 1995 - The Pelican Brief by John Grisham (I remember having absolutely nothing to read at this time and so I turned in desperation to these books owned by my dad)
January 19, 1996 - Alicia: My Story by Alicia Appleman (no recollection - who is Alicia?)

No comments:

Post a Comment