Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Only Reading Challenge This Year

Reading challenges really don't work for me. I NEVER manage to stick to them. I am a spastic reader and must go where my whims take me. That is why I am so happy that I've found a reading challenge to join that is not too rigid and that I am sure I can complete. I've joined the 2010 Pub Challenge. All that's required is to read 10 adult fiction or non-fiction books throughout the year that are published in 2010. Last year I had a goal of reading more new books and started out strong. I think I did pretty well. I believe that it is important for librarians to read new books to be able to discuss with patrons the hot books of the moment and to suggest titles when asked for recommendations. So, this challenge is a good one all around! Read more about the challenge here.






No comments:

Post a Comment