Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sacred Scars


I read the second installment in the Resurrection of Magic series while I was in Pueblo (thanks to their lovely library inventory). When I read reviews people complained about it being slow, and it's often the complaint with a middle book in a series, but I thought it was an excellent book. It left me even more anxious for the third book in the series. After trying to escape with the kidnapped street boys, Sadima wakes up in the slums of a city with hair that will only grown the length of eyelashes, an inability to cross the boundaries of the slums, and no memory of who she is or how she got there. And one other thing: she never gets any older. After many years of cycling between hiding and running a cheese shop, she becomes part of an anti-magic movement known as the Errideans (sp?). Hahp and Gerrard are still surviving the rigors of the wizard school with their tentative pact, but things are getting harder. Hahp soon realizes he will have to involve all the students if they are to succeed in destroying Somas and his wizard school. A dangerous thought because one of the students can't be trusted. As it was only the 2nd book, it left a lot of questions unanswered, but I found it enjoyable and can't wait for the 3rd book.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I am going to put this series on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete