Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Bought More Books

I went shopping with Niesa today and picked up four new books:

Charlotte Bronte by Elizabeth Gaskell
Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
Emma by Jane Austen

These were all bought at Half Price Books so I feel that it was okay because I spent less than $20 whereas at Barnes & Noble I would have shelled out closer to $50 for all four.
You can see that 3 of my four selections have Bronte associated with them - I will write about my current Bronte obsession in a future post.
The Emma I bought is a nice, clean copy with largish print. I already own a version of Emma, but the print is so tiny that it makes reading it a chore (I think it may be time to get my eyes checked) and I want to read this novel before it is shown on Masterpiece Classic in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment