Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Thanksgiving Visitor by Truman Capote


Another great holiday-themed story from Capote. This tale was more humorous than his Christmas story, but just as bittersweet. Featuring the same characters from A Christmas Memory, Buddy and Miss Sook, this story depicts the Thanksgiving preparations in their unique household and the arrival of an unexpected guest. I truly enjoyed reading both the holiday stories by Capote and they have spurred me to seek out other Christmas tales.

2 comments:

  1. I recently read both of his holiday short stories about Buddy and Miss Sook too. They are much better than his other short stories. I have to say that he was a bit of a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree. I read a few of his other short stories, also, and these are by far the best.

    ReplyDelete