Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Disappointed


I've loved Andre Agassi since I was 14 and became a tennis fan. I always rooted for him to beat Pete Sampras in their legendary matches. I loved his flair, his passion, his showmanship and, most of all, his heart. When he retired a few years ago and played his last match at the U.S. Open I bawled. So I was excited when I discovered that he was writing an autobiography - I was really looking forward to reading it. I'm not now, however, after the revelation was leaked last week that he was a meth user for a year DURING his tennis career, lied to tennis officials about it and has also stated that he hates tennis. Hmmm... I try not to be judgemental and I still think he is an amazing person, but the fog has lifted. I don't have any interest in reading about him now. Is there no one left in the world who deserves the praise of humanity???

No comments:

Post a Comment