Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Intriguing List

Newsweek has published a list of "50 Books for Our Times" that looks interesting. I always make myself familiar with the books on these lists because we inevitably have patrons come in looking for the titles. Midnight's Children is on the list! I think this book is going to haunt me.

Also, they have a list of the Top 100 Books that they compiled based on 10 other lists - their meta-list. Hmmm.... maybe I should try to read the books on this list instead? I like that it includes non-fiction and poetry. So, keeping to my guidelines for the Telegraph list I decided to read from (no series, no books over 1,000 pages, only books the library owns) I will start with #99, The Color Purple. And, yes, Midnight's Children is on this list too!

No comments:

Post a Comment