Friday, August 7, 2009

The Ennui Continues

I still can't read and it is driving me crazy! I spent tonight watching 1,000 episodes of Snapped on the Oxygen Channel because I just can't put forth the effort to do anything else right now. I did get the new Stieg Larsson novel last week, The Girl Who Played with Fire, but it is disappointing me. I really don't care for how amoral everyone in the novel is. I thought it was quirky in the first novel, but just irritating in the second. I know that the author intended for the main character, Lisbeth Salander, to be completely free and without scruples, but do I really want to read about someone like this? She is supposed to be the heroine in the series, but I don't find her to be someone to look up to. I don't know if I will finish the book. Aside from that, I am dabbling in Frances Mayes reading both Bella Tuscany and A Year in the World intermittently. Maybe I will finish one of them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment