Thursday, July 9, 2009

Masterpiece Mystery

On Monday, I watched two new episodes of Poirot and one new episode of Miss Marple that have recently aired on PBS. (Oh, how I love my DVR!) I loved the Agatha Christie mysteries when I was a teen so I was happy to see these new versions air. I enjoy Hercule Poirot, but I've always had a soft spot for Miss Marple (maybe it's because we're both spinsters?) Julia McKenzie (who played Mrs. Forrester in Cranford) is the new Miss Marple and I think she does an excellent job. She seems like the kind of woman whom people would easily confide their secrets in. There are three more episodes scheduled in the coming weeks and I will be eagerly awaiting them.

2 comments:

  1. I watched an episode of this tonight. It was pretty good, but I like the series that had Patsy from Ab Fab in one of the episodes best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patsy was in an Agatha Christie?! I missed that one.

    ReplyDelete